I’m going to stop saying IM TOO SLOW TO CALL MYSELF A RUNNER…IM NOT A REAL TRIATHLETE…NO IM JUST A SLOTH SLUG…
Because this week I found myself:
- Moving my long run to Tuesday, because I’m doing a triathlon on Saturday instead. Like, WHO EVEN AM I ?
- Running 10km nonstop. Since when have I done that before? Since never.
- Wondering hmmm when can I afford to buy another pair of running shoes because I need more than 3 pairs, and what if Eveni runs out of my size and never brings any more in to the country? Oh no, go get more now!
- Trying an energy gel. Ok so it was disgusting and I spat it out, but hey, I tried it. Sloth slug Lani would never have done such a silly thing.
- Signing up to do a funrun on an upcoming afternoon and Darren saying, but hey what about the Pinktober funrun? And me casually replying, no problem that’s in the morning. So we can do both. (OMG I DONT EVEN RECOGNISE THE WORDS COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH)
- Adding up my running mileage for the month so far and seeing the total is over 50km. THIS CANT BE RIGHT. THERE MUST BE A MISTAKE SOMEWHERE?!
- Spending several hours rearranging the storeroom so we have lovely shelves specially for…swim gear…bike gear…running gear!
- Deciding after trying several different drink mixes, that ‘oh yes this Tailwind mix is the best. I think it must be the combo of electrolytes, carbs and caffeine that makes it so good…’ (auuuuu fiabotz!)
- Searching all over town for more workout gear with pockets. Because running tights with pockets for my phone and my keys are the most amazingness invention.
- Asking Darren how soon after I finish the half can I start training to do a full marathon? (And him saying, ummm hello let’s just focus on you doing the half marathon okay? 😜)
So maybe, just maybe I can say quietly, yes I’m a runner and yes I’m a triathlete. And if I whisper it to myself enough times, and if I train enough (over the next few years) then maybe I’ll believe it. 😀😎😍
Let’s hope so!