Checking in from Samoa with a few quick announcement s:
1. Brisbane was a blast and you can read all about it here – ‘Bone Bearer Launched in Brisbane‘
2. Then I dashed home to Auckland to hug the Fab 5 before coming to Samoa for a week of book events. It kicked off with the Robert Louis Stevenson Memorial Gala Evening at Vailima. I was invited to speak and when I was done, they surprised me with this:
Very honored and rather overwhelmed.
3. Oh, and Im now an official ‘columnist’ for the Samoa Observer, with a weekly column which will run every Monday. Am forcing myself to write outside my usual box…for a different audience…AND to a deadline. (scary!) My first piece featured last week and you can read it here:
4. I did a few radio interviews with Radio Australia and Radio NZ and you can listen to them here:
5. If any of my five blog readers live in Samoa, then here’s the program for the Samoa book events this coming week:
830am – Author visit to St Mary’s College
1130am – Author Talk and Book launch hosted by National University of Samoa. Free and open to the public. Books will be available for purchase and signing there , from SSAB store. $55.00 ST
11am – 4pm Book signing at Samoa Stationery and Books, Togafuafua Store. First 10 customers also get free Telesa Trilogy poster.
Wednesday IN AMERICAN SAMOA
11am – 230pm Book signing hosted by Carruthers Store, Pago Plaza. One day only. (My first Telesa visit to Pago and Im super excited, yay!)
In Samoa, you can purchase copies of the new book from: SSAB, Plantation House, Luckys Foodtown.